View Single Post
Old May 1, 2023, 10:09 AM   #20
HiBC

I never suggested it was an inertial safety.

My single trigger SKB was selective.The tang thumb safety would be moved left or right to select the first barrel. It had nothing to do with being a safety but the control of selecting the first barrel was integrated into the safety selector.

The Stevens was a non selective single trigger, The tang thumb safety had nothing to do with selecting the barrel. It always fired the right,or modified,barrel first. That would be followed by the left full choke barrel.

Both of these guns required recoil or simulated recoil to reset the single trigger to the next barrel. If the plan was to lower the hammers down on snap caps,the trigger could be pulled,snapping the first barrel. Next recoil could be simulated by (the way I did it) gently bumping the butt on a carpeted floor. NOT a hard surface floor,and just enough to reset. Its maybe 20% if the bump your shoulder might take in recoil or less, Go easy till you get a feel for it. To say it another way,about a 4 inch drop onto a PADDED surface should work. An original hard rubber or Tenite buttplate might be brittle. Go easy! A hard bump on the buttplate with the heel of the hand should do. Then a pull of the trigger should snap the second barrel.

Use snap caps. The old gun does not like the firing pins smacking steel rather than primers. And its best the hammer springs are not stored compressed.

Page generated in 0.02391 seconds with 7 queries