View Single Post
Old February 23, 2023, 10:35 PM   #27
Recycled bullet

This is how I'm installing Hornady gas checks into MP311235 hi tek coated bullets while I'm watching a DVD.

I put two chairs facing each other, this is my temporary work bench.

The hand press has the breech lock 309 sizer and 30 cal push rod installed.

The left side bin is completed, sized 309 with checks crimped on.

On the right I'm taking the bullets from the bin and clicking the gas checks onto the bullet bases shanks with my fingers and staging them on the red lid.

When there are a sufficient number collected I run them through the sizer and crimp them.

When it's all done I bag it and tag it.

I also just finished full length resizing/depriming, then belling the case mouths on about 150 300BLK brass.

Tomorrow I'll prime them then I'll pick it up and finish the process whenever is convenient

I do all the different loading operations this way. I've taken this stuff out in a small tool bag or doctors bag, and handloaded on camping trips, or showed friends how to handload at their homes. Everything in the portable hand loading kit is self contained.

Just gotta make sure not to [emoji85] leave the ram primer at home when I drive 45 minutes to show my friend how I load 308.

It's all batch loading so I can prep the brass in stages. It's just nibbling a large task into smaller manageable bites.

Eventually for my black hawk handload experiments I end up with five hundred or more 38 special brass that is primed and belled, and all I have to do is set up the powder measure and loading block Dispense powder, open the quart freezer bag of MP358429 powder coated hollow points, then seat all the bullets, then crimp them.

It makes the most sense to me to complete several hundred at a time.

Although right now I'm enjoying an evening at home: Sometimes It's fun to load ammunition while camping in the mountains. My favorite is I get to listen to the forest wake up with the sun.

Page generated in 0.03071 seconds with 8 queries