View Single Post
Old June 26, 2018, 12:22 PM   #151
hounddawg

Fair enough Bobcat. Just my opinion here but I just think most brass failures have to do with improperly set up sizing dies than the lack of annealing. Never had a neck split myself, only had 2 instances of neck separation back when I first started reloading bottleneck cases. The kind of separation you don't notice till you see the neck is missing when you pick the case up.

edit - all I am saying is that for the last year give or take I have been annealing religiously. I am pretty sure this is the thread that started me on my path to precision loading and improving my shooting technique and getting more involved in competition. My ammo has improved tremendously as far as velocity consistency but I found minimal if any benefit annealing added. I see much more improvement in my SD, ES and grouping from a number of other things. Powder choice and load, proper seating depth and low neck run out all have had more recognizable benefits than annealing has. I do own and use the Annealeeze though and since it is paid for and all it costs me is a bit of propane to use I will continue. If it died tomorrow I would not be in a rush to replace it until I need to replace brass and maybe not then.

Last edited by hounddawg; June 26, 2018 at 01:06 PM.

Page generated in 0.02427 seconds with 7 queries