View Single Post
Old August 8, 2001, 04:07 AM   #15
Well, I have actually gotten a pretty decent sense of what the wrench looks like, just by reading these posts. I haven't even looked closely at the nut yet. I just knew from previous posts that I'd more than likely need one to change the fore end, so I thought I'd get the wrench before I even got into the task.

What was confusing me is that the wrenches are fashioned in two different ways. One is just a flat piece of steel cut at the end to engage the two recesses in the nut. The other is a round piece of metal--a pipe basically--cut to fit the same notches at one end and with a handle at the other end. (This is the more expensive wrench that Brownells sells.)

Seems to me that it is similar to a spike wrench for a golf cleat. And those come in two models as well. I have both the nice, round kind that I bought as well as the flat pieces of metal that come with a pack of spikes.

"Tastes like chicken" is genetically ingrained in our taste buds here in the South, so I can't imagine anyone who can't relate. Unless of course they're from Louisiana. Then you just say, "Tastes like gator."
Gun control should just be about hitting your target.
Page generated in 0.07895 seconds with 7 queries