View Single Post
Old June 12, 2014, 12:03 AM   #1
CommissarHark

Confusing Mosin Nagant Problem

So I've been working on a Mosin project for the past month. I'm building a scout rifle out of my Mosin by dropping it in one of the Archangel stocks, shortening the barrel, and mounting a brass stacker scout scope mount which is where I come to my problem. If you don't know the Brass Stacker mount installs by replacing the two pins that mount the rear sight block to the dovetail and sitting over the rear sight allowing you too still use it. I was able to knock out the forward pin with two taps, but no matter what I do I can't get the rear pin out. I'm down to two primary theories, one that there is some seriously caked cosmoline sticking it in place, or two that my Mosin was rushed out of the factory so quickly that some tired worker only soldered the rear pin. Either way I need a solution. I was going to drill it out but I don't have a press and NJ's ridiculous gun laws won't let me just take it over to my uncle's shop and use one of his. I don't really want to buy a press, but I also don't know how much it would cost to get a smith to do it. I know no matter what is jamming the pin up I could take a torch to it but I want to know if that idea makes the most sense. So basically, what do you think is jamming up the pin and what do you think I should do to loosen/remove it?

Page generated in 0.03605 seconds with 8 queries