Thread: New Guy Here
View Single Post
Old February 11, 2014, 09:29 AM   #8
MacNRA

My reply to replies

OK, guys, I introduced myself a few days ago and stated how I feel about gun related stuff. I have tons more to say, but I'm a little unsure about things. I got five replies to my original post, which I was thrilled to see. However, some were mildly hostile, others misquoted me, and one sorta suggested I should brush up on my debating skills. I know a little about debating (Though not a lot) and I know that a good debater can win an argument, even when he's wrong. I'm not into debating per se, though I don't mind an intelligent, spirited discussion on any topic. I believe an argument should be based on its substantive content, not the debating skills of the debaters.
I stated that I don't like the current "Tactical" fad, and I wish it would go away.
That's my opinion, but I will fight for our right to keep and bear tactical gear if the politicians try to ban it, even though it's not my cup of tea.
I stated that I thought the tactical flashlight was a particularly dumb idea.
I got a response to that, talking about trained entry teams finding the tactical light to be very useful. Well, I'm not talking about trained teams, I'm talking about Joe T. Homeowner, who hears something go bump in the night, and he goes in alone.
I am hoping to have many discussions with members of this forum, but if it's all about debating skills and following the (tactical) crowd, maybe this isn't the right forum for me.

Page generated in 0.04404 seconds with 7 queries