View Single Post
Old December 11, 2013, 09:19 PM   #20
Seaman

"Even if your draw is .9 seconds, the average human response time is .25 seconds. " [dakota potts]

Slow, have to get quicker. Lance Thomas kept guns behind the counter, survived numerous robberies, shot eleven perps. He was lucky too, took a slug thru the neck.

If you carry and want to get Bill Jordan/Bob Munden quick, you need three things: the right gun, the right holster, and the right technique. Both of the aforementioned gents used different guns, different holsters and different techniques, but had similar results.

My 3 factors are different too.

I can also cheat... i.e. palm a small gun/shoot thru clothing, etc. but excellent radar is necessary here, will transition to a like system should one day my hand speed deteriorate (i.e. arthritis).

"The biggest flaw in any defensive training is to STAND and fight." [garryc]

Thats what I do. (A bad back limits quick body movements, so my only option is to draw and shoot.) Worked for Wyatt Earp. Crazy, huh? 2013 and I practice like I'm about to face John Wesley Hardin.

Best.

Page generated in 0.04410 seconds with 7 queries