View Single Post
Old December 5, 2013, 01:44 AM   #56
dakota.potts

I would like to be able to clean mine in 15 minutes.

I grab the materials, spend several minutes getting the slide stop pin out of place, strip everything down. Then I give everything an initial wipe down with the cloths. Spray the barrel with the cleaning solution as recommended and let it sit for 10 minutes. Clean the outside first so I can handle it. Then clean the inside until patches come out clean. Then dry cloths. Then more cloths to remove the residue from the inside of the gun. Then re-assembly of the upper, lubrication, another couple minutes to get the slide stop back in, and then a couple minutes of function checking/cycling before it goes back.

Takes me about 45 minutes every time.

The rifle on the other hand is easy... retract bolt to the rear, pull trigger, remove bolt, clean bolt and barrel

The Shooter's Report is also on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theshootersreport

Page generated in 0.04136 seconds with 7 queries