View Single Post
Old December 2, 2013, 08:36 PM   #56
Blackops_2

That i can't argue with it's certainly more appealing price wise.

My friend sent me this group today from his AAC, still on the hogue stock. I was impressed.

4 shots in the center hole

Best he could do at 400yds with no data lol we guestimated but hell he's on target.

Just as i posted this another thread came up on the hide concerning remington's quality control and the AAC's accuracy.

Brownells has .308 bolt face 700 actions on sale right now for 350$ that's hard to pass up for a new action. Could take that put it in a stock of my choice and take my .308 barrel from my 5R and have it cut to 16.5 or 18.5 and threaded. Get a bartlein blank like i planned and switch my main rifle to .260. Since i already have all the components to reload .260 and .308.

Just a thought, would cost a couple 100$ more but the more negatives that keep popping up about the AAC the more worrisome i get.
"Combined synergy of a man and rifle is matchless, the steadiness of hand and acuity of vision, and finally the art of knowing how to make the rifle an extension of the body, all equate to the ultimate synthesis of man and machine."

"Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back."

Last edited by Blackops_2; December 2, 2013 at 09:18 PM.

Page generated in 0.04549 seconds with 7 queries