View Single Post
Old November 15, 2013, 06:23 PM   #103
dgludwig

I used to be that way, Constantine. I actually used to like cleaning guns in my younger days (even liked washing and waxing my cars ). Not so much, anymore. I guess I've gotten a little lazy (complacent is a nicer word) as I've gotten older but I have come to understand that rigorously stripping and cleaning my guns after each and every outing just isn't necessary to keep a firearm well-maintained. On the other hand, I concede that there's no downside to field-stripping a gun after every time you send a bullet down-range, so long as the break-down is done judiciously ("over-cleaning", if that's possible, or cleaning done without adhering to basic cleaning principles can be more injurious to a firearm than leaving it unattended).
So I understand where you're coming from and I applaud your devotion to always keeping your firearms spic and span. I just don't think it's at all that necessary much of the time.
It's not you, it's me.

Page generated in 0.04247 seconds with 7 queries