View Single Post
Old November 7, 2013, 01:29 AM   #51
Metal god

yep I chrono and I'm going to do what 4runnerman says to do .Just find a load that worked in the past and go for it . I just went back and looked at my notes and found a load that has shot well on more then on occasion . It's also a load that has the velocity I'm looking for with the components I want to shoot . 175gr smk , 40.5gr IMR-4064 with a velocity of 2560 . That load has shot .5 moa once and .75 moa a couple other times . I should add I have notes showing it shoot 1.4 moa a couple times as well . Two of the best groups were before I started looking at the torque issue and the rest were after. One sub moa and a couple over moa . The velocities have been pretty consistent with them staying in the mid 2500 area .

I'm going to load 50 rounds of that load and do the torque thing . Once I get that working I'm going to work up all other loads to that torque .

Well that's the plan anyways Watch I won't be able to get that load to shoot worth a darn but I'll get something else to shoot great that never has before .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Page generated in 0.02835 seconds with 7 queries