View Single Post
Old November 5, 2013, 01:45 PM   #126
jimbob86

Quote:
Can you imagine what the world would be like if the ignorance displayed in gun stores, (from both sides of the counter), carried over to other things?
It does. I read somewhere that today's "Education" system does not educate anyone, but prepares people to be trained in a narrow field, such that we have people that are highly trained in their own narrow field, but are helpless outside of it, and are conditioned to seek the advice of "experts", trust it implicitly, and have no curiosity to investigate things themselves .

Case in point- My brother works as Service tech for a giant equipment rental company .... This morning, he got an "emergency" call to drop what he was doing and drive across his major metro area (1.5 hour drive) to the airport, to fix a piece of equipment ...... arrived on the site with the Foreman telling him, "Your (piece of equipment) is running like (excrement), get it fixed!"

Brother: "Did you put fuel in it?"

Foreman:" Umm ......lemmee check....."

Foreman: "Oh.... OK, That explains that ....... (fuels and starts quipment)"

Brother: (standing there with arms folded, nodding knowingly) ....."All better now? See, I'm amazing: All I have to do is show up and ask a question, and stuff works.

It seems to me that more and more, ignorance is the rule, rather than the exception.

http://nefirearm.com/

Page generated in 0.04512 seconds with 7 queries