View Single Post
Old October 21, 2013, 11:16 PM   #24
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Not to many years ago I shot a bow. 70# Browning Mirage w/ 4" over draw. I tweaked it to 64-lbs of draw weight which I could handle shot after shot. Mongoose 2-pin sight with a string peep. I shot 28" 2213s with carbon inserts 3" 3-feathered Easton XX 75 aluminum shafts. 100 gr. razor sharp NAP 3-blade Thunderhead broadheads were my slicing choice. The deer I harvested with my bow. I never had to go beyond 10 ft from where the deer was hit to retrieve the animal. Instant killer. _"Brown was down!!"
Could have sold my Mirage a few times but didn't. I still have my Mirage as a matter of fact.
Now a-days you no longer need a Over Draw as the bow cams are so fast and their newer designed riser's and limbs are made for speed Bud. If I were starting out my suggestion would be: Buy a Mathews Z7 Magnum. No doubt about it. But there is a problem guy. Mathew bows are indeed spendy. But its to be expected as you would be buying the best Name bow in the business IMHO. Yes, it is all about speed and poundage you can pull and handle Sir. If it weren't. The bow manufactures wouldn't make faster and faster bows with large draw weights available like (70 pounders) to get to those high end speeds. If you intend to challenge yourself with the use of a bow. Its all about target practice and more practice. Visually knowing yardage/distance to your game is a necessity in this sport. But you must also know your limits when it comes to your shooting capabilities also. As I was told once. If you have to take aim at the rising late afternoon moon to get your arrow on target at 30-yards. You Sir are under bowed._

Last edited by Sure Shot Mc Gee; October 21, 2013 at 11:24 PM.

Page generated in 0.05992 seconds with 7 queries