Thread: Am I Crazy?
View Single Post
Old October 14, 2013, 06:24 PM   #46
Well I just wanted to give everyone a range report from today. I took my Ruger to the range with a box of Federal Fusion 95gr and Hornady SST 95gr and sighted the gun in. I had the gun shooting MOA in the bull within 13 rounds, could have done it in 3 fewer rounds except I adjusted the scope the wrong way for one 3-shot group. I shot from a Caldwell Lead Sled just to get the scope sighted in so that I could take away as much of the human element as possible.

After that, there was no need for the lead sled. This thing recoils like a .223. I suppose part of it is the fact that it's a fairly heft little rifle. It was exactly what I wanted it to be. No punishment at all. I burned through a box of shells a lot faster than I would have thought using a single shot rifle! Then I was on to my next box for more fun. I left a few rounds in the Hornady box to use for deer season next month. I did note that there was some very minor vertical stringing of the shots, but they were all easily within 1.25" at 100 yards. Considering that my Browning A-Bolt 270 won't group half that good, I was still tickled pink. It's not a target rifle so I'm more than happy with the results. Looking forward to a lot of years of fun from this rifle. Now I'll have to start collecting the appropriate reloading components.

Exhibition quality 1911 grips!
Page generated in 0.07095 seconds with 7 queries