View Single Post
Old October 10, 2013, 06:28 PM   #4
Bill Akins

One ignorant person left a comment at that YouTube video's comment section, saying: "Chainfires are a myth".

Well if they are a myth, then I guess I was involved with a myth the very first time and very first shot I ever fired from a cap and ball revolver. The very first cap and ball revolver I owned was a Walker I bought back in the early '70's. Didn't know much about how to load back then, so I just filled two chambers up with powder, levered the balls in, capped the nipples and fired. It fired the chamber under the hammer and chainfired the chamber next to it. That was a long time ago, and I've learned a little since then lol. Never had a chain fire since then.

But yeah, chainfiring is just a myth, uh huh .

Good video, nicely showing how a chainfire can occur.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Page generated in 0.10472 seconds with 7 queries