View Single Post
Old October 8, 2013, 10:22 AM   #15
Deja vu

Here is mine!

It is a 45-70. I have shot subsonic bullets as heavy as 540grains through it. Id say it is quieter than an unsuppressed 22lr shooting subsonics

I took a deer with it a bit ago but sorry I dont have pictures so you can dissbelieve me if you like At the low velocity the bullet have very little expansion (went from .458ish caliber to .502 caliber and it was pretty soft lead) it still retained 535 grain from a starting of about 540 grains.

The buck was standing with a doe when I shot it and it just crumpled. The doe acted like she did not know what to do and stood there till we had to chase her off. Clearly the deer here have not learned that the new sound means danger yet.

If you plan to shoot cast lead bullets make sure your can is able to be dissembled. Mine isnt to I had to fork over a decent amount of money to buy a ultrasonic cleaner loaded with the purple cleaner that devolves lead. It is not an ideal setup.

all 25 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple

Page generated in 0.04383 seconds with 7 queries