View Single Post
Old September 6, 2013, 05:06 PM   #203
K_Mac

Quote:
My point is that it really isn't a viable option.
Frank I always appreciate your input. I understand that carrying a handgun in a fanny pack unloaded with a loaded magazine is not a great plan. I also understand that depending on what police officer or department you talk to this may or may not be acceptable to them. I have talked to many, at all levels of law enforcement here in Illinois. I, and many others believe it complies with the letter of the law as written. There is always uncertainty in life...

Viability is a whole nother thing though. While there are many scenarios where carrying a weapon in this fashion a losing option, there are many others where having a weapon close at hand is better than not having one at all. Faced with this choice on a regular basis, and spending a lot of time in rural areas where police help is often an hour or more away, I'll take the fanny pack.

"If you let "need" be a requirement and Government be the arbiter of that "need", then Liberty is as dead as King Tut." Jimbob86

Page generated in 0.05019 seconds with 7 queries