View Single Post
Old August 18, 2013, 11:02 PM   #35
Perhaps there is something to be said for the attraction one has to a particular gun, or group of guns, when they are new to the hobby, but I don't think there is much of a stereotype to be had for people that have been well established in shooting for a while. They may have made an uninformed first purchase, but after a while people figure out what they like.

For instance, I never thought I'd like the AR platform after using the m16/m4 as my service rifle for so long, but I decided to get one because they are extremely customizeable, and relatively easy to build. I love tinkering around with guns, so building it was almost as fun as shooting it for me.

I'm not sure about this whole "mall ninja" thing. Maybe I live in a cave, but I've not seen too many people like that. It also may be safe to say that certain people are drawn to a certain group of weapons, but that doesn't mean that other people who also have those weapons should be judged in the same manner.
Semper Fi

Marine, NRA member, SAF Defender's Club member, and constitutionally protected keeper and bearer of firearms
Page generated in 0.03375 seconds with 7 queries