View Single Post
Old August 6, 2013, 10:31 PM   #9
IdahoG36

Yeah, upon examining the defective mag with guys that worked at the gun shop, we found that the slot that the mag release catches on the front of the mag wasn't machined properly. So it wasn't being retained properly, and the force of the recoil was enough to make it pop out.
I have been considering removing the magazine disconnect. I did that with my old SR9.
I posted in another thread about the light strikes with the XDs. After doing some research on the internet, quite a few people were having that issue, and believed it was caused by excessive oil/grease in the firing pin channel. I always take apart and clean every new gun before shooting it, but never remove the striker assembly to clean it. I did that once I found that information, and the whole firing pin channel and striker were packed with grease. I cleaned it thoroughly and then shot 200 rounds through it without issue.
Beretta PX4 SC 9mm, Beretta Nano 9mm, Beretta 92SB-C Compact, Beretta 21A Bobcat, Hk VP9, Hk 45C, Ruger LCP .380,Ruger 22/45 LITE Cobalt, byq Spreewerke P38, POF USA P415 & P308, Remington 870 Tactical Magpul, Swiss K31 7.5X55, BNZ 42 K98, Ruger 10/22 50th anniversary design contest rifle, Tikka T3 CTR

Page generated in 0.04297 seconds with 7 queries