Thread: .357sig
View Single Post
Old July 15, 2013, 06:06 PM   #130
AK103K

Quote:
Spray-n-pray does not work.
I dont, but I guess those who need to justify their choices need to keep saying it. It was an old cliche back when Cooper was beating it to death. Its still old.

Quote:
Machinegunning your opponent does not work.
Id like to hear the reason why here.

Quote:
Having a zillion rounds is meaningless.
Having one round less than needed, tends to have some meaning. Or at least I think so.

I wont fault you for not having enough along, as long as you dont expect me to bail you out if you dont.

Quote:
It is good powerful hits, from the first shot to the last, that are important.
Absolutely, and applied until the problem is solved, and any other threats that may be around are solved as well.

Quote:
Carry the most powerful gun you can shoot well AND conceal with your everyday cloths. And by shooting well I mean being able to control it fast, one handed, at reasonable SD ranges.
Absolutely.

Ive carried full sized handguns concealed in street clothes, 18+ hours a day, everyday, most of my adult life, as well as a double reload and often a second gun. Carrying them isnt a problem, constant practice solves the other issue.

I was a Cooper child back when he was still learning. I swore by a .45acp 1911, mostly Colt Commanders, for 25+ years, until I saw things changing and degrading in the 1911 world. Switched to SIG P220's and related models, and then to SIG 357SIG's, P226's, P229's, P239's, and swore they were the Hammer of Todd as well, until I started digging deeper, and talking to the people who load the ammo and what the facts were. Now I carry pretty much nothing but a Glock 17 and 26, usually together, in place of the others. Until Todd comes up with a better hammer, these will do.

By all means use what you shoot best with, regardless of caliber. Just dont caught up in a lot of the hype, without doing your own digging and homework. Dont be surprised, if you dont find much real difference in real world comparisons these days.

Zeitgeist - The Movie

Page generated in 0.04208 seconds with 7 queries