View Single Post
Old July 14, 2013, 09:01 AM   #86
deepcreek

Quote:
It's not a felony to open carry in my state. It's not a misdemeanor. It's not a crime. There's not even a permit needed. I never suggested confronting the car but even then, confronting a car or stranger while open carrying is not a crime in my state either.

Some of you just aren't getting that it's not illegal, nor at all uncommon to see people in AZ walking around everywhere with an open carry pistol. It's not scary or against the law or given a second thought. People will walk up to others that are carrying and say things like "Hey, do you like that Serpa holster? I'm thinking of getting one for my Beretta", stuff like that.

In contrast, by the sound of some of the posts, in some areas, or in some people's minds, it's scary to even go outside and look at a suspicious vehicle on your street.

Either way is fine with me. Different areas have different customs.
I am not debating it is legal or excepted in many areas.
What I am saying is if you get in a conformation and the other party calls the police and makes you/"the guy with a gun" sound like the aggressor it can lead to some very serous charges.

I have lived in places most all house holds have guns and most all trucks have a gun in them. And seen people get in serous trouble just because they had a gun in a confrontation even though they were not the problem.

All it takes it the wrong officer who wants to take a gun and act like they "stopped a gunman" or a prosecutor how needs an extra case. You will find them in all states. Many people claim "not in my town" but it is a national system it has no boarders.

Page generated in 0.06318 seconds with 7 queries