View Single Post
Old July 10, 2013, 07:49 AM   #22
dahermit

Quote:
I just want to quickly add, that i think most of the good ones are known, but without bashing products, does anyone have examples or just thoughts on products they really didn't like/have good success with?
I had a Browning side by side that I thought had leaded up. I could see dark-grey streaks in both barrels. Work on it with a wire brush and Hoppie's #9 as I would, I could not get the "lead" out of the barrels. For some reason, I purchased some other bore cleaner (Shooter's Choice),and was astonished when a "black sludge" came out of the bores on the patch. The "lead" had really been plastic shot-shell wad residue and Hoppie's never touched it.

To be fair, that was a long time ago and Hoppie's may have changed their formula to work with plasitic...I do not know, but modern Hoppies #9 does not seem to work as well as some of the other bore cleaners in handguns as well.

If the Bible is the literal, infallible, unerring word of God...where are all those witches I am supposed to kill?

Page generated in 0.04486 seconds with 7 queries