View Single Post
Old July 2, 2013, 07:51 PM   #36
One thing I might recommend on this, if you are not going to have the revolver where it could gather dirt inside, is you might apply a little thin white moly grease on the safety linkage. If its in a clean enough environment, it wont trap dirt, and help that slide. I always ask the owner first on this, but if it will be kept clean, then I add that. Also, a small drop of oil on the hammer and trigger pins, the cylinder bolt screw, rebound lever pin, and the hammer stirrup pin, will free things up a bit too. I use a needle oiler for this.
I used to use white grease on my Dillion 550b in the grease fittings I added (drilled out the oil holes and taped for the fittings). I found the the white grease seemed to dry out and become stiff...I do not know if it was the brand I was using, but I switched to standard Black Lithium grease for the Dillion and I keep a small can of Blue Wheel Bearing grease on my gun table for use on auto slides etc. At one time I had access to clear Silicone grease but I do not have any of that around now. As for oil, I have Rem Oil (and hope that the advertising is not just hype and the Teflon in it actually doing something).
Sometimes you get what you pay for, sometimes you only pay more for what you get.
Three shots are not a "group"...they are a "few".

If the Bible is the literal, infallible, unerring word of God...where are all those witches I am supposed to kill? (Exodus 22:18)
Page generated in 0.03696 seconds with 7 queries