View Single Post
Old June 29, 2013, 06:59 PM   #15
Sevens

Quote:
Those are the internet cackling hens you hear squawking, and they make a lot of noise. The guys who actually shoot a revolver really well generally don't care - or put another way, they care much more about shooting than collecting and complaining. The cackling hens dismiss them as "gamers", but they're just really good revolver shooters, no matter the gear. It's a lesson The Hens seem to miss.
I think you are mistaken, and you might consider your own preferences in a Smith & Wesson revolver as an example. I know that there is a particular engineering number of the 686 that you yourself prefer over all the others -- you've mentioned this in the past.

It has the features you like best. Of the ones you've tried, it's the one you like above the others...is it not?

That's really what I'm after in a S&W revolver -- I want the one I like most above the others. I don't want the oldest, I certainly don't want the newest. I don't care to chase down a Victory Model, as interesting as they are. Of course I could enjoy one... I own a Taurus that I enjoy, too. But I'm not after one, looking to make my best deal on one and I'm not waiting on multiple contacts to notify me the moment they come across one.

I want the ones that I have convinced myself that I like the best. And I'm not wasting my time trying to convince anyone else in this thread that my favorite should be anyone else's.

Page generated in 0.04102 seconds with 7 queries