View Single Post
Old June 29, 2013, 04:28 PM   #52
deepcreek

Quote:
Uh, ok. I'm not sure what you're suggesting there.

ANYone can learn to shoot accurately at greater than bad breath distance. It takes desire and practice. Nothing more. If someone can learn to shoot aspirins at 10 feet, doesn't it stand to reason that someone can learn to shoot sillhouette sized targets at 25-50-100+ yards?

The NEED or appropriateness of shooting in combat at 100yds with a snub is another question altogether. But the ABILITY is what I'm suggesting. We all have the ability. Some of us just tell ourselves that we can't.

I'll take Mr Jordan defending me at any distance over someone who says "I don't feel comfortable beyond XX range".
I am just suggesting a realistic "combat" range.

I would define "combat" as in a fight/someone trying to kill you. So if a murder is rushing at me I probably wouldn't start shooting at 100yds with a snub nose or would not suggest that kind of range to someone with a snub nose. People could hit stuff that far with a snub nose but as far as a "combat" range it seems pretty far fetched. I also put into the equation that the common sunb nose has 5-6rds. So I would not want to waste them at long uncertain shots.

Many of the trick shooters we see have a routine the train over and over on the same trick in the same controlled conditions. In a chaotic attack we can find patterns maybe if we are lucky. Then we still have the stress, chaos and life or death at stake.

Personally I would want ranges and tactics that are pretty solid.

Page generated in 0.04899 seconds with 7 queries