View Single Post
Old June 19, 2013, 07:43 AM   #95
Ruger45LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck460XVR
But what is a .454 or a .460 but a .45 Colt loaded warm? As for extending the range of any firearm, that is totally dependent upon the capabilities of the person pullin' the trigger. Back when my handguns were secondary or backup to my long-guns when deer hunting, I was perfectly content to carry a revolver that's effective range was 75 yards or less without having to aim it like a mortar. Once I retired my long guns for hunting deer, I desired something that was accurate and effective to the ranges I generally encounter in my area......out to 150 yards. Very few folks recommend using a .44 mag or a .45 Colt with standard loads for those types of scenarios. As I said in an earlier post, I have killed deer with .357, .44 mag and the .460. All were quite capable of the task, and all did the job well within their limitations as long as I did my part.

Yeah, I mean the 454 came about as the result of warmly loaded .45 Colts, and I guess the 460 I just a longer 454. I would say that while it's great you can and do take 150yd shots with a handgun, most do not. So yeah there's always an exception or two to the rule, but most can't accurately hit very far off using iron sights. I'm guessing on 150yd shots you use a scope? I had one on my SRH 454 but I never could warm up to it, but if someone else loves it, great!

Repent America!

Page generated in 0.04439 seconds with 7 queries