View Single Post
Old June 15, 2013, 01:31 PM   #83
newfrontier45

Quote:
Ask Bell what he used for elephants....the modern loads for the 30-06 are magnums compared to what he ended up favoring.
Again, look at the game laws in those countries. The .375H&H is the LEGAL minimum for dangerous game and heavier is preferred for everything but the cats. The .22Mag is a great deer cartridge for headshots but such comments are completely irrelevant.

Quote:
I'm using the same formula you are and only stating what the results show.
You're using it in a way that was never intended to make a bogus point. Not unlike complaining that your new Ferrari is a piece of junk because you can't pull a 10,000lb trailer with it. If you would actually READ what I posted, you would see that I DID make the point that it is not applicable to small bores or useful in assessing them. In plain, explicit language. I don't care for the .460, it's your sacred goat and you're creating an argument where none existed because of that fact. Why are you so defensive?

Quote:
My statement was that the .460 is a very accurate platform.....you have yet to show any evidence that this is not true.
I never refuted that statement and saleen322's pics are evidence to that fact.

Quote:
If it shows that the results of John Taylor's "Knock Down Factor" are not always gospel and do not always fit into every hunting scenario...
No one said it was, nor did I ever say it was applicable to small bores. In fact, I said it was NOT applicable to small bores in my very first reference to it but you applied it in the wrong context anyway. To make a bogus point. I predicted that too. Don't put words in my mouth. I believe I said:

"So there is no magical formula that precludes us from using some common sense."

Quote:
...regardless of the amount of name calling they use.
I would like the guy who has called me a troll numerous times to point out the personal insults I have used. That's your game, not mine.

Page generated in 0.06339 seconds with 7 queries