Thread: Tingle MFG. CO.
View Single Post
Old June 11, 2013, 08:26 PM   #16
bedbugbilly

Hey . . . you've got to be tickled pink with how that zeroed in . . . nice shooting!

I wondered about the finish as well . . . the few I've seen I thought had a blued finish but I couldn't remember. From the photos, the finish almost looks parkerized?

Do you know if he made the barrels as well (i.e. machined and rifled them)or did he utilize someone else's blanks? At the time these were made, there was Numerich, Bill Large and a few others but it doesn't seem like there was a large number making ML barrels (if my memory is serving me well - which it probably isn't! ). With the design of this pistol, once you get it sighted in and a load worked up, I have to believe it will be pretty consistent in how it shoots.

Until mentioned on here, I didn't realize that he also had some with detachable shoulder stocks. I don't think I've ever seen a photo of one. If someone has one, it would be nice if they could post of photo of it. It would be interesting to see how it was designed.

Glad it shot so well for you. Sounds like you had a fun time with it!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.04665 seconds with 7 queries