View Single Post
Old June 6, 2013, 08:29 PM   #15
MikeSD

Quote:
Why do folks focusing their scopes at different ranges by moving its front lens group call this function "adjusting parallax" when focusing is in the line of sight and puts the target image on the reticule axis and parallax is apparent image movement near the scope's reticule plane at right angles to the line of sight when the scope is not focused at target range?
Punctuation is your friend. 65 words. Whew! By the time I got to the end, I forgot what the beginning was about.

The thing that confuses me about this adjustable parallax is that I turn my ring and don't see any difference. I set the focus, for a given distance, and when I change the parallax adjustment ring, nothing changes, that I can tell. Seems to me that if I focus at 30, 40, 50, 60 yards, respectively, there should be a corresponding change in parallax required. But I see double lines, no matter how I set the objective ring. Must be my eyes.

I wonder... I wonder if this could be my eyes. I had cataract surgery a few years ago and now my eyes are pretty much fixed focus, with some very small amount left. I wonder if this effect of parallax adjustment is affected by the eyes inability to make necessary small adjustments in focus? Hmmm.

Last edited by MikeSD; June 6, 2013 at 08:36 PM.

Page generated in 0.04783 seconds with 7 queries