View Single Post
Old May 17, 2013, 11:30 PM   #23
RTB issue related to Magazine?

I've got a 2011 PT145 Mil Pro and, when not on me, I keep it in a biometric gun safe with a loaded magazine and an empty chamber (ready, but not wearing out my ejector spring).

When I take it out to carry I load the chamber and flip the safety. I've noticed that when I release the slide, it will not fully return to the front and I have to push it into place with a click.

Now, I switch my 10 rounds of 230gr Remington Golden Sabers between the magazines every Friday to give the springs a chance to breath and I note that on the first 3-5 rounds as I go to push them out of the magazine they slide most of the way and then stop and I have to push a bit harder. I'm not sure if this is a magazine defect or because all of the springs on this thing are big mean bears (or maybe I'm a limp-wristed Frenchman, who knows) but I'm suspecting that's my RTB issue.

I haven't had a chance to put much lead down range only 100rds sighting it in (ok I may not have NEEDED that many to sight it in...I brought two boxes, what was I gonna do? Tell my wife I wasted money buying too much ammo?) but out of that I had probably 5 FTFs (and this was good stuff, Winchester FMJ 230gr, none of that Tula crap). Each FTF situation the slide failed to fully return. The round would show a dented primer but not as severely as a successfully fired round. I didn't have the guts to reload them in and try to fire again, I was on a buddy's land and we were next to a pond so I tossed them in the water in case of delayed detonation.

Any thoughts on dealing with this?
Your 9mm could, and in all likelihood will expand. But my .45 will never get any smaller.
Page generated in 0.03646 seconds with 7 queries