View Single Post
Old May 16, 2013, 09:51 PM   #68
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer Six
. . . .The specific harm is, as I've stated before, that it promotes the stereotype that women are not capable of learning to shoot in a class that includes men, as well as the stereotype that women are not as good at learning shooting because, to use your categorization, shooting is "masculine".
Jammer Six, I'll admit that I haven't read each and every post in this thread, but you seem to be wholly alone in your belief that segregated classes promote any such stereotype, that women are incapable of learning to shoot in a class that includes men. Everyone else seems to be of the opinion that women may prefer to learn in a separate environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer Six
. . . . Spats, if all girl schools are fine, why were West Point, Yale, Harvard and on and on forced to admit women? Is segregated education fine for women but not for men?
Nice shot at the Socratic Method, but it doesn't answer the question. However, you're making an apples-to-oranges comparison. We've been discussing the offering of voluntarily segregated classes, whereas the institutions you mentioned were examples of forced exclusion. Or are you claiming that men are somehow harmed by women being offered single-sex classes? Because I don't recall you raising that issue before.

If you ever have a real need for more than a couple of magazines, your problem is not a shortage of magazines. It's a shortage of people on your side of the argument. -- Art Eatman

Page generated in 0.04331 seconds with 7 queries