View Single Post
Old May 15, 2013, 03:52 AM   #32
Waspinator

I think there are a lot of stories that are out there that some people just dont go down. I like this one. It was linked here by another member a few days ago I think. I read this and was blown away.

http://www.policeone.com/patrol-issu...mo-on-the-job/

here are some snips from the article (the police officer was using a .45 glock).

"In this free-for-all, the assailant had, in fact, been struck 14 times. Any one of six of these wounds — in the heart, right lung, left lung, liver, diaphragm, and right kidney — could have produced fatal consequences…“in time,” Gramins emphasizes."

" Gramins recalls. “I tried a couple of ricochet rounds that didn’t connect. Then I told myself, ‘Hey, I need to slow down and aim better.’ ”
When the suspect bent down to peer under the car, Gramins carefully established a sight picture, and squeezed off three controlled bursts in rapid succession. Each round slammed into the suspect’s head — one through each side of his mouth and one through the top of his skull into his brain. At long last the would-be cop killer crumpled to the pavement.

Remarkably, the gunman was still showing vital signs when EMS arrived. Sheer determination, it seemed, kept him going, for no evidence of drugs or alcohol was found in his system.

Page generated in 0.04682 seconds with 7 queries