I'm planning on having one built on a Turk Mauser reciever, but I'm forced to move, and it'll wait but heres the particulars that I talked with the smith about
1. remove ring and true reciever threads and face.
2. square bolt face, lap lugs, and reforge bolt handle.
3. 26 inch 1in 9 inch Douglas premium barrel chambered for 6.5-06.
4. Muzzlebrake, (because they will do it rather economically).
5. Drill and tap reciever for Redfield one pice base.
6. Parkerized, without removing the old battle scars.
That was where the smith and I left off, but it's a starting point..