Thread: Am I wrong??
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2013, 08:42 AM   #62
How do you think police officers and military personnel are thinking of this type of question before they become police officers or military personnel?
If I understand correctly, the basic question is "Would I save someone's life even if by doing so it endangered my own?" Yes. Did I think about that before I enlisted? Yes.

That being said, I still have to agree with what JimmyR said:
1) Is my family safe? This has to be my top priority, and any action I take must be to help achieve this goal.

2) Am I safe? Once my loved ones are reasonably safe, I have to decide if i think I have a reasonable expectation of surviving unharmed. Do I have cover? Do I have a shot where I can remain out of the shooters line of fire? Do I have sufficient firepower and ammunition to reasonably expect success?

3) Will I help more than hurt? Will my engaging in the situation will do more harm than good? Do I have a clear shot, and do I know what my target is and what is beyond it?
I think he hit the nail on the head with that.
Semper Fi

Marine, NRA member, SAF Defender's Club member, and constitutionally protected keeper and bearer of firearms
Page generated in 0.05148 seconds with 7 queries