View Single Post
Old May 8, 2013, 08:20 AM   #51
Alabama Shooter

Quote:
The potential downside is that statements by the NRA, etc. will simply bring attention to the matter.
It is already in the national news. They need to get in front of it before it gets pinned on them. Denial after the fact is not nearly as effective as "I told you so".
Quote:
Minority groups have won concessions in the US from the beginning with armed movements though.
Although the marches through the south were not "armed" marches, there were armed people involved. Deacons for Defense and Justice being the best known
Providing armed security for a peaceful march where more than a few of the leaders had been killed, assaulted and threatened is another thing entirely. That is actually a pretty smart thing to do.
Quote:
There are armed marches on state capitols fairly regularly and they pass without incident. I have been to several in my state capitol. Ohio's CHL law was passed as a direct effect of continuous openly armed citizen presence on Capitol Square in Columbus.
Those were legal.

Page generated in 0.04317 seconds with 7 queries