View Single Post
Old May 5, 2013, 09:21 PM   #7
CharlieDeltaJuliet

My dad always told me "it cost to go fast, how fast do you want to go?". Of course that was in my muscle car days.... It applies here too.

A good buddy of mine and one hell of a gunsmith built my 300WM. Trued 700 action,Manners T5A chassis, Timney trigger, Kreiger 24" 1-10" stainless barrel and custom muzzle brake. I topped it off with a NightForce ATACR. She is a pleasure to shoot with the recoil of a .243 or less and proven 1/4-3/8 MOA accuracy at 100 yards with a good operator behind her. While my poor ole eyes and reflexes get her to just under half MOA, she is a shooter. The problem is I have about $6k with bipod, sling, pelican case, and so on. So here is the big question, is taking a MOA or sub MOA gun to a 1/4-3/8 MOA gun, worth $3.5k? It can be done a lot cheaper. I have just as much fun punching paper with the basically stock SPS Tactical AAC-SD.

To me it was chasing a unicorn, turned out to be a thoroughbred, but to me it was still worth it. Most will say it isn't worth the money. Only you can decide how far to take it.
..." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by CharlieDeltaJuliet; May 6, 2013 at 02:09 AM.

Page generated in 0.05170 seconds with 7 queries