View Single Post
Old May 3, 2013, 05:49 PM   #12
serf 'rett

I think he has 500 bullets (if I read the sheet correctly)

We will continue the logic lesson.

If the word "never" in Statement A is true then the opening poster should sell the bullets. The term "never" is clear, in my way of thinking, to mean it hasn't happened, ain't happening and won't ever happen; therefore, the 500 bullets are of little current use in their original intended function as bullets.

Case closed!

However, if the opening poster used an incorrect word, being "never" in this case, when what he meant to say was actually:

1. I haven't loaded any of these bullets to date…or
2. I haven’t loaded any to date but was planning on loading them later…or
3. They were given to me and I haven’t figured out what to do with them yet…or
4. They are being used as a paper weight…or
5. I get my kicks out of having something which is hard to find at the present…or...
6. (Insert most any statement here)

Well, then “never” was a poor choice of words as it does not accurately describe future intent concerning the aforementioned Hornady bullets and thereby could significantly change the perceived value of same. It boils down it value. Are the bullets in hand worth more than the need for powder and primers?

Silver00LT, when you gaze into your crystal ball, do you see neat rows of cartridges with the shining Hornady bullets appearing in your misty future? Only your crystal ball can give you a hint to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.

One last item Silver00LT, seeing you are from the great state of Alabama, is your ammo dyed crimson (Roll Tide) or orange and blue (War Eagle)?

Last edited by serf 'rett; May 3, 2013 at 05:56 PM.

Page generated in 0.04464 seconds with 7 queries