View Single Post
Old May 1, 2013, 02:03 PM   #9
BigJimP

The variation you're seeing in electro plated bullets...especially in Rainier is common / in fact I would expect a bigger variation in weight in Rainier's bullets...( in 147 gr....maybe 3 or 4 gains of variation )...in weight than you've been finding ....and some variation in shape is common. But they're probably just fine for range practice.

Berry's plated bullets are thicker ...and I think you'll see less variation in them / or at least I've seen less variation when I've used them vs Rainier bullets.

Your best tolerances / most consistent weights, in my experience, will be seen in true jacketed bullets...like Montana Gold.
---------
But all of these bullet mfg's mass produce their product....and we're not talking about "airplane parts" ....or "artificial heart parts" ....where tolerances are much tighter...bullets are an expendable product.../ while all mfg's do the best they can ....you're always going to find some variation in a case of bullets...regardless of what grain or style bullet you select.

Page generated in 0.05979 seconds with 7 queries