View Single Post
Old April 21, 2013, 02:37 PM   #9
Doublea A

Quote:
Don't overlook Beretta in this category. I've owned two Benelli shotguns, sold them both. Had the Super Nova, but it kicked like a mule. I willll say that it was VERY reliable. I'm not exaggerating when I say I shot a case of shells through it in a weekend and never a single jam. However, due to my high shot count and its lack of recoil reduction, I had to pass it on. My current 12 gauge lineup consists of the following and I won't be considering another Benelli for a while.

1. Beretta A300 Outlander - Best performance for value, hardly kicks at all compared to my Benelli sn configured the same way.

2. Winchester SX3 NWTF Cantilever Turkey with 24" barrel! Love this gun for everything but kind of pricey compared to the Benelli and Beretta.

3. Winchester 1400 mkii. Just an old shotgun I picked up at a gun show for 80 bucks!

It kicks like a mule comments is making me nervous because I would like my wife to be able to shoot it as well. She is a very petite woman and her dislike in shooting this particular shotgun may damper her enthusiasm for my future acquisitions

For those that are hunting regularly or own different quality hunting shotguns specifically for wild game i.e. turkey, could you please suggest the best three different models from your own experience. It should meet the following criteria besides the Beretta A300 Outlander and Winchester SX3 NWTF Cantilever Turkey with 24" barrel stated by HeisRisen.

1. Price between $800-$900
2. Models in both 12GA or 20GA (or reduction in recoil for the 12GA with the right load)
3. Has models in 24 inch barrel

Thanks

Page generated in 0.05217 seconds with 7 queries