View Single Post
Old April 19, 2013, 09:38 AM   #33
Spats McGee
Staff

When I posted my response, you had asked:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochman
Do you typically actively hunt around people who don't realize you're actively hunting?
Do you typically shoot at ranges where people don't realize they're at a shooting range?
To which you then added:
Quote:
What about all the other shooters? Should we all use suppressors?
(Mind you, I'm not fussing about the later addition. I'm just pointing out that it wasn't there when I posted.)

What part about my response doesn't make sense. Suppressors are intended to reduce decibel levels. The extent of knowledge on the part of my hunting or shooting knowledge makes no difference in how loud a given gun is. Which part of that confuses you?

Perhaps we should all shoot with suppressors. If it weren't for the cost & paperwork involved, I'd be glad for suppressors to be standard gear.

Quote:
"Need" isn't enough, for a lot of things. "Want" isn't, either. Typically interchangeable.
If you think that want and need are "typically interchangeable," I'll reccommend Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 11th Edition. You can pick it up at Amazon.

Not only are they not interchangeable concepts, lack of "need" is at best a questionable reason on which to base a law.

Quote:
You guys... I can't even take you seriously sometimes. I'm not saying that to be rude, I'm being totally honest. This is pretty fringe talk... which is fine, you're entitled to speak in such a manner, but you'd be laughed out of most serious conversations in the country with such silly defenses/rationalizations.
I sincerely doubt that we'd be laughed out of much of anywhere.

If you ever have a real need for more than a couple of magazines, your problem is not a shortage of magazines. It's a shortage of people on your side of the argument. -- Art Eatman

Page generated in 0.04994 seconds with 7 queries