View Single Post
Old April 16, 2013, 10:02 AM   #117
johnwilliamson062

When I first started shooting I did a lot of buying/selling/trading guns as I tried different models out. Almost all done FTF locally and arranged on various internet boards. Around here the cheapest walk-in regular hour gun shop has a fee of $30 for a transfer. Some shops won't even do it. None of the big box store do and they are taking over. Would have cost me an additional $1000 over a few years had I had to pay them $30 for each purchase and sale of a firearm. It would have made no one safer.
Additionally, my local shop is only open until 6pm. It isn't easy to meet someone so close to end of work, especially when many people are not permitted to have firearms at work, even in their car. It just makes a huge mess.

In the states that require using an FFL compliance is not high, even among otherwise law abiding citizens.
If FFLs were required to do a transfer of a private transfer free I might go for it, but the gun shops aren't going to like that.

If I could walk into any Sheriffs office 24 hours a day and have someone run the background check I might think about supporting this legislation. As it is now this bill WILL put a burden on me AND many others.

Page generated in 0.04520 seconds with 7 queries