View Single Post
Old April 15, 2013, 04:23 PM   #69
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshfindr
I had put in a reply that said I agree with Kochman. Spats wanted to hear more from me so here it goes.
Yes, I did, and thanks for joining in the fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshfindr
. . . . I live in NJ. . . . . For guns in NJ you must have a Firearms Purchaser Card. So that is what I live with, I don't like it but I can't change it, so I live with it. We all live with things we don't like. I really don't mind the background check but I do mind even with the card, and still must go through another check and that it takes so long. I guess my point is that I would not fight against background checks, in fact I think that it is a necessary evil. But I want it done efficiently. And I particularly do not want persons who fail it, to get a gun.
While I understand that you must deal with the Firearms Purchaser Card, and I understand that you don't like it, I don't see that as a reason to extend NJ's procedures (or NY's, or CA's or IL's . . . ) to the rest of the country.

I don't think any responsible gun owner wants firearms to fall into the hands of violent felons or the mentally ill. However, this whole universal background check idea just seems to be more hassle for folks that weren't going to be problems to begin with, without any appreciable benefit.

If you ever have a real need for more than a couple of magazines, your problem is not a shortage of magazines. It's a shortage of people on your side of the argument. -- Art Eatman

Page generated in 0.04880 seconds with 7 queries