View Single Post
Old April 13, 2013, 07:14 PM   #74
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Quote:
My point is don't try to convince me that a knife or similar is more efficient at killing than a firearm if that was the case there would not have hundreds of years of firearms devilment.
Read my post again and don't be putting words in where there aren't any. I never said guns were not more efficient I said they are not any more deadly than any other weapon and that is a true statement. Dead is dead. You want efficient go IED, fire bomb, gas bomb...

I only make the point that any crime of violence is a crime and using a gun does not make the crime any more heinous. All crimes committed with a weapon are equally heinous and all should be treated equally. Severely and quickly and with long sentences.

By the way some of us are just as deadly with a stick as others are with a knife and at close up and personal distance do not count the man with a knife or a stick as being unarmed just because the other man has a gun.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.04215 seconds with 7 queries