View Single Post
Old April 12, 2013, 10:59 AM   #60
SauerGrapes

Quote:
IM[rarely humble]O is a very dangerous attitude. It's the same mentality that mutated the national unions into their current form, and is in the process of destroying both political parties. When you blindly support other people actions because they are "members of the same club" you wind up loosing touch with the rest of the world, and weakening your overall position.

Personally, I think open carry is a right and should be legal - I do it myself when hunting/hiking. However, I also am willing to admit that a large segment of people who open carry do it to make a statement, and to get a rise out of people. Doing that is tasteless, and won't do us any good in the long run.
If it's this hotly debated among gun enthusiasts and 2A supporters, how exactly do you think it's perceived by the public at large?
Nobody is condoning bad behavior. All I am was saying is, we need to support each other rather than criticize for one's method of carry as long as it's legal.
People may not agree about the tactical aspect of open carry, and that's fine.

As far as trying to ''get a rise'' out of the public, I've never witnessed such an act, so I can't comment on your ''assumption''. I do however admit, one of my reasons to OC is to project the attitude that guns are not ''evil''. I guess this would be inline with your, ''making a statement''.

I don't blindly follow anyone. Just because somebody is wearing camo and open carrying, I don't see that as a cause for ''concern'' which the OP alluded to. While that MO doesn't fit my personal taste, should we restrict that person's attire? Should we insist on level III retention holsters for everyone? I think not. Do I think a good retention is best, absolutely.

Only on one occassion have I ever had a problem with the public. It was a pure case of someone sticking their nose into my business. Some people just have nothing better to do.
Sure, I've noticed someone looking at me funny.
I've also had some very friendly conversations with curious members of the public. It becomes an educational tool.

R.I.P.____Murphy

Page generated in 0.04763 seconds with 7 queries