View Single Post
Old April 9, 2013, 12:22 AM   #51
tahunua001

this is an interesting thread... I actually see a lot of guys getting angry over what is essentially the 2nd amendment at it's finest. open carry, the ability to possess and maintain a firearm on your person WITHOUT a license or permit as a prerequisite. it is about as far from infringement as you can get really. a concealed carry permit does allow you to do so discreetly but open carry can be just as much of a deterrent.

say you have a van full of punks ready to knock off a store and just as they are about to bumrush the door they see a group of guys like the OP describes, wearing camo and flashing guns on their hips, do you honestly think that those guys are not going to think twice before going through with a heist?

ok that is a highly hypothetical situation but the general idea remains. in a society where people actually execute their right to open carry, the perception of firearms ownership among the general public becomes much heavier, it becomes much more apparent just how many people have firearms and aren't afraid to use them. this would be a serious deterrent for premeditated violent crime because it would just go to show that there really is no such thing as a 'safe place' for crime.

any guess why schools and ironically military bases have become the hot spot of choice for deranged lunatics?
Bean counters told me I couldn't fire a man for being in a wheelchair, did it anyway. Ramps are expensive.-Cave Johnson.

Page generated in 0.03455 seconds with 7 queries