Thread: Body Armor
View Single Post
Old April 8, 2013, 11:46 AM   #59
Don P
Personally I keep a vest in the nightstand where I keep my gun and light, and have always seen it as a good "just in case" thing to have around. It's nothing fancy, but it will supposidly stop most anything that comes out of a pistol. Should I ever need to leave my room in a emergency situation - get to the kids, etc. - it takes all of 5 seconds to put on.
Vests are rated for different calibers, so your thinking of supposedly stopping most anything doesn't hold water. The vest I own that I used while working for a armored car company is rated to resist a 357 mag.
Seems you are betting your life on that vest that will supposedly stop most anything.
Sound of breaking/crashing glass, startling the ever lovin crap out of you, tossing on a vest, grab the light and grab the gun after opening the draw/door on the stand, really? Why only put it on when having to leave the room?
NRA Life Member, NRA Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA NROI Range Officer,
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Page generated in 0.03415 seconds with 7 queries