View Single Post
Old April 5, 2013, 08:15 PM   #3
Mike / Tx

I know things are hard to come by right now, but if I were to recommend things to better your progress, I would suggest the following,

Drop the nickle plated cases, they will only cause you headaches in the long run. They will work harden up on you really quick and not much you can do about it when they do. The neck tension issues will drive your groups wild.

If and when you can get your hands on some Reloader-22, do so and you will be a happy fellow. It is almost like it was made expressly for the 25-06. With bullets ranging from 110 through 120, it will serve you well.

This is how my 20'ish year old 25-06 consistently shoots using either 110 or 115gr Noslers, RL-22, in either Win or Rem cases and Win-WLR primers,

110gr Accubonds at 250yds.

The grandson and I had just finished cleaning the rifle and loading the bullets, well he did. I fired the low hit as a fouler and the other two for group to check the scope out before hunting season. Being it was set for a 200yd zero and we had a gusting cross wind I left it alone. Granted 2 shots usually doesn't mean anything much to me, or anyone else for that matter, but with this rifle and having done this so many times over the past 20'ish years, I don't feel it necessary to waste bullets or barrel simply to shoot a ragged hole in a piece of paper. I know if it doesn't shoot the 110 Accubonds or 115gr Partitions like this, something else is up.

Page generated in 0.05820 seconds with 7 queries