View Single Post
Old April 3, 2013, 11:10 PM   #49
Daugherty16

From my admittedly layman's viewpoint, i'd bet this will pass Supreme Court scrutiny, if it ever gets there. Under the proposed law, guns (some guns anyway) can still be purchased, carry permits can (ostensibly) still be obtained, there will simply a whole lot more process and "reasonable regulation" - but not an outright abrogation of the RKBA.

From a logical perspective, it's something else entirely. CT never gave up it's "assault weapons" ban, so the one i bought there has a fixed stock, no evil threads on the muzzle, and no fearsome bayonet lug. The weapon violation registry is a hoot; those laws are so seldom enforced they might as well be repealed, and felons and violent misdemeanants are already supposed to be in the NICS system anyway. So is CT now going to run their own substitute background check system paid for how? Then there is the magazine registration - they'll be years just keypunching all the forms into a computer system that will likely be antiquated and the resulting database useless. That's if anyone is dumb enough to register their mags. I think there is a Constitutional right against self-incrimination. And oh yeah, what exactly will this law do about getting help for nutjobs that have slipped through the cracks in the mental health system? Now THAT might actually prevent another Sandy Hook tragedy.

Boy i'm glad i left, and only just in time.
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness... How pathetic." - - Ted Nugent

"Cogito, Ergo Armitum Sum" - (I Think, Therefore I Am Armed)- - anon.

Last edited by Vanya; April 4, 2013 at 09:39 AM. Reason: political invective.

Page generated in 0.04904 seconds with 7 queries