Originally Posted by Rigmarol
Lead has no vapors until it gets to boiling temp which my Lee pot is incapable of doing.
I disagree. Does water have to reach boiling temperature before any water evaporates? The boiling point is simply the temperature where the stuff's vapor pressure equals the atmospheric pressure. It's not like there is zero vapor pressure below the boiling point.
Cast in a well ventilated area and try to sit upwind of the casting pot.
Lead is not an accute poison but it is cumalative, it slowly builds up in your body. There is no threshold of safety. The less your body absorbs, the better.
Cyanide is exactly the opposite, one of the most accute poisons known, yet a sub lethal micro dose does no apparent harm, which is fortunate because traces of it exist naturally in some nuts and fruit pits.