Upon even further investigation, I have discovered that the actual pin is not broken. The pin gets wedged into the flash hole so thightly by the force of the press, it actually pulls the pin from its seat in the body of the shaft. I tried adjust the punch pin higher in the die, but to get it deep enough to punch the old primer out, it still is deep enough to get wedged into the flash hole. I don't particularly relish the thought of drilling the flash holes on 3 pounds of brass, and may looking into getting the hand tool mentioned above that makes the flash hole the standard size...then running them through the press. Sounds like a project for a rainy day. Thank you for your help.